* Unripe jackfruit – 1
* Shredded coconut – 1/4 cup
* Green Chilies – 3
* Coconut oil – 1 tsp
* Olive oil (any oil) – 1 tbsp
* Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
* Split black gram or urad dal – 1 tsp
* Curry leaves – small bunch
* Dry red chilies – 2
* Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
* Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Apply oil in your knife and scrape the skin off the fruit.
2. Cut it into two halves and remove the middle portion of the fruit from both the halves which will be hard.
3. Cut the flesh part into big chunks and pressure cook them for a whistle along with quarter tsp of turmeric powder and half a tsp of salt.
4. If you do not have pressure cooker, microwave it till it becomes tender.
5. Now cool the chunks and pulse it in your mixer grinder or food processor.
6. Remember the chunks should not be overcooked because when you grind the chunks it should be like shredded cabbage (Refer picture).
7. Grind coconut and green chili to form a chutney or sauce.
8. Heat olive oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
9. Once they splutter, add lentils, dry red chili, curry leaves, ground jackfruit and the chutney.
10. Finally add some salt. Remember, we have already added some salt when we cooked the fruit.
11. Combine them well and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or till the spices blend together and form the right consistency.
12. Idichakka thoran is ready.